Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chandler Christian School, Baby the Llama and Sheriff Joe Arpaio


Today, I visited Chandler Christian School to participate in their annual "Have A Heart for Books Storybook Station." I was one of their "celebrity readers" spending a little while with the students and sharing with them my love for books. It is always so exciting to read to kids and talk to them about books and what it takes to create them. What a wonderful school and staff to bring such a great event to the students each year! I especially would like to thank first grade teacher, Rachel DeHaan, for organizing and inviting me to the event.

The highlight of the day for me, other than sharing with the kids, must have been Baby the llama. What a little sweetie. I fell in love with her and am now convinced that what our 3/4 acres is missing, is a llama. Oh, that's right, Sheriff Joe Arpaio was also there as a celebrity reader. I didn't get the chance to say hi to him but it was nice to see him being there for the kids. 

Happy creating to you all,
T. 

No comments: