Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thank you Bustoz Elementary




Yesterday, I had the pleasure of presenting my illustration program to the second and third grade classes at Bustoz Elementary School in Tempe. On Thursday evening the school had a reading night where the kids actually received books and my group received my Salt & Soap book. It was such a great group. I get so much pleasure out of sharing what I do with the kids and to see their reactions about what is actually involved in the process of bringing a book to life. One of the little girls even asked me if I would illustrate the book that she wrote. That made my heart happy.

I'd like to send out a huge thank you to Jen Robinson and Kim, the librarian at Bustoz, who made this a wonderful visit. Another huge thank you goes to Stephanie Kilgore, from Changing Hands Bookstore, for organizing this event. Thank you for all you do.

Happy drawing,
T.

No comments: